How To Make Mushroom Gummies
Mushroom Gummies are a relatively new kind of health supplement, so why not learn how to make mushroom gummies at home? A mushroom extract gummy is a chewy mushroom supplement made from a vegan pectin base (as opposed to non-vegan gelatin) combined with active compounds and natural flavor enhancers. It’s a great way to combine the benefits of mushrooms into an easy to consume, bite size gummy rather than having to mess with powders, capsules, or tinctures.
Most gummies are flavored with fruity flavors (usually from citric acid), making it as simple and delicious to take your vitamins every day as it is to consume other types of candy. You’ll love learning how to make mushroom gummies if you enjoy raspberry-flavored candy or other fruit-flavored sweets.
Pectin is the base we will use to create the gummies as it is better to use than gelatin as it’s healthier and better for the earth, as well. Pectin is an ingredient found in many types of fruit that helps to keep food from sticking together. It also keeps the gummies from clumping when shipped during the summer. But if you do not have pectin available, gelatin will work just fine.
We also employ a dual-extraction process for our mushrooms to ensure that you receive the most effective mushrooms possible. You can also combine your own mushrooms, which include a significantly more powerful mycelium strain, with other mushrooms that are sourced from the field.
We’re not just in it for the fun of it; we want to make sure we are creating a nutritious and effective food. Now whether you’re using functional mushrooms or the headier mushrooms (wink, wink), you can follow the video below or the steps we laid out.
How To Make Mushroom Gummies Step-by-Step
Step 1. – Combining Fruit juice, sugar, and gelatin
- Start by pouring 1/3 cup of your favorite fruit juice (for flavor) in a small sauce pan
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar into the saucepan with the juice
- Stir the sugar until it begins to dissolve
- Then, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of pectin into the saucepan with the juice
- Stir the gelatin into the juice and let it rest for few minutes until the gelatin softens. It will have the texture of applesauce.
Step 2. – Boil the fruit juice, sugar, and gelatin
- Set the saucepan on the stove over medium heat
- Bring it to a boil and turn off heat
- It will continue to bubble for a bit after you remove the heat
- Let the foaming/bubbling subside
Step 3. – Add flavor and mushroom extract to your gummies
- Add any juice or flavoring oil you’d like to the mixture
- Add 3-4 drops from your desired mushroom extract (lion’s mane, reishi, cordyceps tinctures)
- Also add food coloring if you’d like
- Stir until well mixed
Step 4. – Use Dropper to Fill Molds
- Use an eyedropper to fill the molds with the syrup you created
- Set mold aside for 30-40 minutes allowing the gummy candies to firm up
- You can also set in the fridge or freezer to quicken the process
If you need more info on making your mushroom extract in order to use it in our gummy recipe, you can find out more in the video above. This will work with lion’s mane, reishi, cordyceps, or any other species of mushroom.
You can find our favorite capsules, powders, gummies, and other products on the following pages of our website and learn more about each individually:
What are other of natural stimulants