Including functional mushrooms in your routine may bring with it a number of potential benefits. Reishi mushrooms, for instance, are recognized for their adaptogenic, anti-oxidant, whitening, and anti-aging properties. Also known as Lingzhi mushrooms or Ganoderma mushrooms, Reishi mushrooms have been around for thousands of years, and are called “the mushrooms of immortality”.
Historically used in Asian and European countries, these functional mushrooms are growing in popularity worldwide due to potential reishi mushroom skin benefits and how it helps the immune system. Here, we will discuss potential reishi mushrooms benefits to your skin, as well as how you can include these functional mushrooms into your everyday health routine.
How Does Reishi Mushroom Work?
Reishi mushrooms are known to have adaptogenic effects. Its adaptogens work on a molecular level for adaptation, helping with the natural responses of the body when it is under stress.
They also contain the polysaccharides and beta-glucans, which helps to support your skins natural ability to hold on to water, thus, keeping it moisturized. Hydration is crucial to your skins health, cell renewal, and even your skin’s ability to repair itself. But what are the specific properties found in reishi mushrooms that are beneficial to your skin?
- Adaptogens adjust on a molecular level to aid your body’s natural response to stress.
- Beta-glucans create anti-oxidant glucose molecules, which draw water to your skin and protect it from oxidative damage.
- Polysaccharides help support your body’s natural immune functions and response to inflammation.
- Mycelium and fruit bodies provide nutrients and naturally occurring compounds that help support your body’s natural immune functions.
- Peptioglycans provide amino acids to help your skin make healthy, antimicrobial peptides.
- Lysine strengthens the elastic, supportive properties of the skin.
- Leucine triggers the skins natural healing processes, potentially decreasing fine lines.
- Amino acids aid in your skins firmness, texture, general health, and appearance, all the while encouraging cell repair and active protection from free radicals.
Reishi Mushroom Benefits for Your Skin
Reishi mushrooms offer many benefits to promote skin health and overall health by helping with the following:
- Energy and stamina
- Stress reduction
- Antioxidant production
- Cell regeneration
- Overall wellness
- Whole foods reishi mushrooms have beta-glucans, otherwise known as glucose-oxidizing molecules, which help draw water out of your environment and onto your skin. The best way to experience these benefits is through daily consumption.
How to Incorporate Reishi Mushrooms Into Your Daily Routine
Reishi mushrooms have benefits that go beyond their effects on the physical appearance of the skin. In addition to their skin-brightening and regenerative properties, this superfood supports your cognitive functions and immune health. The best way to reap the benefits is by including reishi mushrooms in your daily health routine. There are a variety of ways to include reishi mushrooms in your diet, such as powders, capsules, and drink mixes, but the most effective products involve a recommended dose of 2,000 milligrams (or 2 grams) a day.
It is important to note that not all reishi products are made with care and integrity. The highest-quality products must be produced according to sustainable principles and responsible growing, growing, processing, and packaging processes.
Health by Mushrooms features products made with whole-food, organic, functional mushrooms with life-changing health benefits. Many other brands use extracts of mushrooms, while the brands we feature on our reishi mushroom supplement and powder pages uses the entire mushrooms in creating its products. Many of these brands Reishi mushroom products have the whole 2000mg reishi mushrooms in each serving, this is in contrast to competitors that may not offer as much potential benefits.
You can find our favorite capsules, powders, and tincture’s on the following pages of our website and learn more about each individually:
Click here to learn more about the best Reishi Mushroom Supplements
Click here to learn more about the best Reishi Mushroom Powder
Click here to learn more about the best Reishi Mushroom Tincture
Click here to learn more about the best Reishi Mushroom Mushroom Gummies